World's Top Motorcycle Dealer

World's Top Motorcycle Dealer
Prayer flags above Dingboche. Lhotse and Island Peak in the background.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nepal 2011, Manaslu  Patty's Report 1

Hi Everyone,

This is Patty Kay, Robert's wife. I am happy to be reporting from the flat land.  It is a clear sunny day in Nebraska but I cannot say the same for Manaslu, Nepal.  Robert called this morning to tell me that his team is back at BC.  They descended from C1 after the snow started falling heavily at higher elevations. C2 has about 18 inches of fresh snow and there is danger of avalanche at C2 down to C1. Robert called from the satellite phone to give me this report from BC.  It is now snowing at BC and there is no sign of the sun. He is snug in his tent all safe, warm and dry. The battery power is low on the sat phone so the call was short and therefore I do not have any more information for you.

I hope to have a report of sunny skies for Manaslu tomorrow with a revised plan for a summit attempt.

With kind regard,
Patty Kay
Your fellow arm chair traveler

No comments:

Post a Comment