World's Top Motorcycle Dealer

World's Top Motorcycle Dealer
Prayer flags above Dingboche. Lhotse and Island Peak in the background.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Family time in Nepal

It's no secret that I love being in Nepal and one of the primary reasons is the time I spend with our Nepali family. On Friday I visited some friends and then we all went to the home where "our" kids now live. The house is very nice, large and clean. It is on the edge of town so it's quieter. There is a nice walled in yard with grass, flowers and a vegetable garden. There's a swing set for the kids to enjoy and they have nice bedrooms. It is a great arrangement and I couldn't be happier with it.







I've since visited the kids two more times, muddled through a one-day nationwide strike called by the Maoist (Communist) Party, had some great meals and enjoyed life in Kathmandu while waiting for our permission to head to Tibet. We leave mid-day on Tuesday and will spend the night on the border and then officially cross over early on Wednesday morning.



This evening I said goodbye to Pasang, Karseng and all the kids plus Laxmi and it was tough. They are all so nice and I really enjoy their company. I'm really getting excited now as it started becoming even more real when I did my final packing and hauled my duffel bags down to the lobby so they are ready when the truck arrives to haul them to base camp. I will only have my backpack for the next five days. I need a sleeping bag and warm coats and don't want to be separated from my electronics or Mom's fruit cake that I've carried all the way here so I don't have much room for clothing. It is quite dirty and dusty in Tibet and will be 90 degrees in Kathmandu tomorrow so I imagine I will be a little ripe by the time we finally reach our camp!


No comments:

Post a Comment