World's Top Motorcycle Dealer

World's Top Motorcycle Dealer
Prayer flags above Dingboche. Lhotse and Island Peak in the background.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tiny Hands International fundraiser trek to Everest Base Camp

Earlier this year I decided it only made sense for me to combine a few passions into one project. Our family strongly supports Tiny Hands International with their mission of stopping the sex trafficking of young Nepali girls to India, the Middle East and other places around the world. This practice is absolutely barbaric and a normal person with any sense of right and wrong is incapable of understanding how such a thing can ever happen, let alone in the 21st century. For more information on this horrible crime please go to tinyhands.org.

To make a long story short, Patty and I decided I should lead a trek to Everest base camp and since I will pay my own travel expenses and not charge for my time there will be a profit and this money will go to Tiny Hands. After a lot of promoting, organizing, traveling and general hard work this dream is about to launch. In fact, we are to be picked up at our hotel at 5 tomorrow morning and our group of seven will fly to Lukla and begin our trek.

All our team members arrived throughout the previous week and we have been enjoying learning about each other and seeing all the sights of Kathmandu. We've eaten some great meals, met incredible people and learned a lot more of what Tiny Hands is doing to stop this atrocity.

I will do my best to keep up the blogging as we progress to base camp via a less commonly used path.

As always, thank you for following along.

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment