World's Top Motorcycle Dealer

World's Top Motorcycle Dealer
Prayer flags above Dingboche. Lhotse and Island Peak in the background.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

EVEREST Camp 4 Prep Time/GO TIME!

It's go time!  I will be posting what has happened while we in CDT were all sleeping...I didn't get to bed until late, even so, I woke up and found these texts waiting for me.

12:05 a.m. CDT    Elevation: 25928 ft.  "It's now a beautiful day."

12:41 a.m.CDT    Elevation: 25,893ft.  "It really is incredible having you be so encouraging.  I am  eating a bit."

2:57 a.m. CDT     Elevation: 25,928 ft.   "What a difference a day makes! Aiming for the top at 8 tonight.  Great weather, feeling capable."

3:13 a.m. CDT     Elevation:  25,928 ft.   "I am hot at C4! This is my time! Everyone is making me strong! Leaving at 8 p.m. Thanks to all.  40 years of dreaming is down to 12 very hard hours."

4:32 a.m. CDT     Elevation: 25,945 ft.    "Most Sherpa are named for the day of the week they are born.  I hope to summit on Pasang (Friday) which is the name of our daughters' birth mother (We call her the girls Nepali Mom.) This is also the name of one of our guides."

9:02 a.m. CDT    "Summit bound."

Thanks for following and for your thoughts and prayers.

Patty Kay
Lincoln, NE


2 comments:

  1. Good luck and God speed Robert!
    Pete Erbland
    Coeur d Alene, ID.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, we've been watching your progress. You are an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete