World's Top Motorcycle Dealer

World's Top Motorcycle Dealer
Prayer flags above Dingboche. Lhotse and Island Peak in the background.

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Summit Plan

Robert texted this tentative itinerary to me this afternoon and asked that I forward it to you.

Nima and I leave at 4 a.m. on 5/19 and climb 5-6 hours through the icefall to Camp 1
5/20 We climb about 2 1/2 hours to Camp 2.
5/21 We climb 7-9 hours to Camp 3, up the Lhotse Face. This is an exhausting day. We sleep on oxygen at Camp 3 and above.
5/22 We climb 5-6 hours to Camp 4, the South Col, rest about 8 or 9 hours and then we leave at 8 p.m. for the summit.
5/23 It will take me 9-12 hours to reach the top and another 4-5 hours to return to Camp 4. I may then go on to Camp 2 if I feel up to it.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it all goes to plan. That would be an awesome accomplishment. Keep us posted.

    Bob Burklund

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember - think panoramic photos! :)

    ReplyDelete