World's Top Motorcycle Dealer

World's Top Motorcycle Dealer
Prayer flags above Dingboche. Lhotse and Island Peak in the background.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Back home in Nebraska

I am happy to report that I am finally back home in Nebraska. Patty and the kids met me in Perth, Australia where we enjoyed a week of seeing the local sights, eating fish and chips on the beach and catching up with friends and family.

From there we flew to Sydney to spend time with more family and also to climb Mt Kosciuszko which is Australia's highest peak. I reached the summit with Patty, my kids, my cousin Wesley and his son. It was a really fun day hike and it was especially nice to do it with so much of my family. That evening we went out for a wonderful celebratory meal.

We spent several days poking around Sydney, Soni took a surfing lesson and then we flew home arriving late at night on Wednesday the 16th. Normally I don't suffer much from jet lag, but this time I am struggling a bit to get onto local time. It is great to be home, sleep in my own bed, eat Patty's cooking, be back at work and just be normal again.

Thanks to everyone for following along with my journey. I plan to do a slide show at some time in the near future, so check back every now and then for a posting with the time and place. Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment