World's Top Motorcycle Dealer

World's Top Motorcycle Dealer
Prayer flags above Dingboche. Lhotse and Island Peak in the background.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Nepal 2011, Manaslu, Jounal Entry 7

We have had virtually non-stop rain and drizzle since we returned from C2 and it leaves one feeling quite cold most of the time.  We had a  lot of rain before the rotation up high, but this seems worse.  Everything is damp all the time.

This morning after breakfast I took a walk with Steve, one of the clients from Massachusetts, up to the crampon point. This walk has taken me 45 minutes to an hour in the past and today I only needed 35 minutes, although I wasn't carrying a pack so that helped speed things up.

I am feeling well, no illness, although I am quite bored a lot of the time.  I read, do crossword puzzles and Sudokus as well as talk with people and think about the upcoming climb.  Phil correctly believes we need more time acclimatizing before we make a summit bid. some of the other teams, especially Himex, are planning to leave for the summit in a few days, weather permitting, but they arrived here a week or more before us.  If I had my druthers, I would wait at least another 8 to 10 days before heading for the summit.  Time will tell what we do.

I hope all is well with you,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment